Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Firsts.

This was my first B&W nude. I personally prefer photos that don't show the naughty bits. I shot this in front of an 8 foot softbox. At the time we were using Nikon's d70. I blame it for the blown out highlights. This image is of the same shoot. I tried to mimic an early morning sunlight.
The following is an image I prepared as a mock up for an independent fashion magazine called "Prestige: Canadian Fashion Magazine." It was rejected for photo of a local "celebrity. " I'd like to put the blame on that, for the magazine not putting out a second issue. I did a 5 page spread in the magazine for a local designer. (I will post those images once I get her permission) It was my first publication.
Here's a link to the site. There you can see the cover they chose instead.
http://prestigecfm.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that Prestige web site link is out of date and they can't spell. It says:

NOTICE:
* PRESTIGE magazine has operate and distrebute its publication only in Canada.
* PRESTIGE publication is only once a year. The next issue will be Spring/Summer 2007.
* The last issue of the PRESTIGE magazine, Spring 2006, has been sold all across Canada.

Looks good so far, Kenn...
--Mark