Monday, November 3, 2008

Kamloops = Amazing

When I'm not too busy being shy, I can meet some really great people. Emily Long, who blew me away with the way she aspires to live her life. I first saw her in a coffee shop and thought to myself, it would be great to take photos of someone like her. I kept on doing the touristy thing in downtown Kamloops. Not long after I happened to see this young lady again. I Had to ask. I was about a block and a half behind her, I was debating what would be less creepy, if I ran up, or walked. (both pretty creepy) I took my time and followed her to the water and looking up at the mountains and down at the water, I couldn't not ask. "excuse me, sorry to bother you. I'd really like to take your photo...."The conversation went on about music and experiences the entire time. After taking photos of the NAC Orchestra at the local theater, I met up with her again and met some other local musicians. The lot of us went back to her place to chill out, and to my surprise she put on Minus the Bear. Needless to say it brought back some amazing memories from home as well as made some pretty great new ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah love it, not creepy to follow her to a secluded area near the water, no? :)

It's all about stepping outside the comfort zone, only way to find those keyholes.

Anonymous said...

it's always the clean cut ones you need to worry about hahah...

She reminds me of Nadine...

Anonymous said...

"...uh.. 'scuse me pretty lady... I've been following you since the coffee shop.. could I take some pictures of you??... maybe... uh... we could take a walk down by the railroad tracks...mmmmmmm...."

hehehe.. you sicko!

Great images. Great find. Street casting is always hard. You never know unless you try.